Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Soundtrack - Timshel


The other night I was listening to music in the kitchen and Timshel from Mumford and Sons came on. My mind quickly went to a scene from Annihilation where Seamus, Paddrick, Grace and Liam are all sitting on the steps after realizing that most humans are dead.


I'm wondering if other writers come up with a soundtrack for their stories. Or does the music just add inspiration and emotion to the writing? I don't want to pretend that I'm writing a movie, but I can visually see the scenes in my head and this song really helped make them vivid. In my totally biased opinion the scenes that I can envision are written significantly better than the scenes that are more cerebral.

So is the soundtrack for the mythical movie version of the book or is it inspiration for the writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment